Click on name below to learn more.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com, thank you.
Position Title: Open Door On-Call Evening/Overnight Supervisor
Reports to: Open Door Manager
Schedule: On call
The On-call Open Door Floor Supervisor is a support staff position that assists the Open Door Manager in overseeing the smooth running of the nighttime hours for patrons staying at the Open Door Women’s Center. This position will range in hours. Weekly, there will be approximately 9 scheduled evening hours with the potential to fill open evening and overnight shifts. Evening shifts are from 6pm-10pm and 7pm-10pm. Overnight shifts are from 10pm-8am.
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Previous experience in a shelter environment preferred
– Background in Social Work or a combination of college and work experience preferred
– A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed in an inner city ministry setting
– Work with and encourage people from all areas of the social spectrum.
– Set an example by treating those whom we serve with dignity and respect.
– Be able to delegate, organize, and prioritize independently.
– Be able to work independently as well as part of a team to fulfill the mission statement of Dégagé.
– Exhibit proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
– Exhibit strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Be detail orientated, focused, and flexible amid interruptions and an often fast-paced environment.
– Possess a valid driver’s license.
– Open lockers and keep track of locker payments
– Facilitate use of the laundry room
– Issue linens for new women and restock hygiene items
– Ensure cleanliness of Open Door at all times
– Monitor the women’s behavior and interactions with one another while enforcing Dégagé policies.
– Assess crisis situations and determine level of danger, if any, and notify the Open Door Manager of any issues.
– Communicate issues, nightly duties, and praises to other staff as well as Open Door Manager.
– Handle wake ups for the women, oversee morning chores, and issue voucher payments.
– Uphold the policies of the Open Door while demonstrating compassion and respect.
– Requires ability to comfortably lift and move up to 25 pounds without accommodation.
– This is a part-time, on-call hourly position. Rate of pay will be determined at time of hire.
– This is an “at will” position. There is no length of tenure of employment implied or stated.
– Dégagé Ministries conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, and drug testing.
If interested, please email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org